So there is still something in xkeyboard-config.mo which triggers a MATE
crash...

I compared the PO file on github with the one at LP, and there are
differences. Most importantly the file at github is based on a
translation template for xkeyboard-config 2.28 while we have 2.29 in
Ubuntu 20.04. The differences can be seen in the attached file. However,
I don't see any translated strings which are significantly longer than
respective original string and which are not present in the github PO
file.

What we are trying to do here is kind of insane. The root cause of the
issue is reasonably something in the MATE code, and tweaking the
translations is an attempt at a workaround. The issue should really be
passed to the MATE developers for a proper fix.

As regards Łukasz's request for a verification of the files in focal-
proposed, I suppose we can conclude that there is no reason to move them
to focal-updates since they don't solve the MATE crash issue.

** Patch added: "github-LP.diff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-uk/+bug/1875020/+attachment/5369161/+files/github-LP.diff

** Also affects: ubuntu-mate

Translators Packages, which is subscribed to language-pack-uk in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1875020

Title:
  Update Ukrainian language pack to fix mate-keyboard-properties crash

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Triaged
Status in language-pack-uk package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  It was recently found that some quirks in xkeyboard-config Ukrainian
  translation crash mate-keyboard-properties widget. More on this;

  https://github.com/mate-desktop/libmatekbd/issues/55

  The problems in translation were recently fixed upstream and on LP.

  Can you be so kind and respin the Ukrainian lang-pack with an updated
  xkeyboard-config.mo?

  Thanks in advance for your attention.