In fact, this bug has been around for a long time, but I was the first to tell
MATE developers about this problem.
But at the same time, MATE is currently the most accessible desktop environment
for blind users. This bug frightened users because it prevented them from
configuring keyboard shortcuts to switch between keyboard layouts. So I asked
Yuri to intervene. I hope that MATE developers will fix this problem; But by
updating the appropriate package, we will solve this problem for some time for
users from Ukraine.
I also apologize for wasting your time.

Translators Packages, which is subscribed to language-pack-uk in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1875020

Title:
  Update Ukrainian language pack to fix mate-keyboard-properties crash

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Triaged
Status in language-pack-uk package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  It was recently found that some quirks in xkeyboard-config Ukrainian
  translation crash mate-keyboard-properties widget. More on this;

  https://github.com/mate-desktop/libmatekbd/issues/55

  The problems in translation were recently fixed upstream and on LP.

  Can you be so kind and respin the Ukrainian lang-pack with an updated
  xkeyboard-config.mo?

  Thanks in advance for your attention.