Remember that Telcordia documents are private and copywrited.  I was advised by
persons at Telcordia that as of October 2002 GR-63-CORE 1995 would no longer be
available as the grandfathering period would be expired.  Also since GR-1089
issue 3 has no grandfathering period, I was advised by
Telcordia that issue 2 should now be out of print.

Verizon accepted the 2002 version of GR-63 at the NEBS seminar in Vegas last
month after Telcordia agreed to a couple changes in the fire section and
airborne contaminants section.  Telcordia has sent out change notices to folks
on thier subscription list.

As far as GR-1089, if issue 2 is not available anymore, new copies could only
be obtained by breaking copyright laws.  I do not know Verizons position on
issue 3, but since it is generally more stringent than issue 2 or provides
clarification, and does not conflict with thier new checklist, I would
assume they would be favorable, but that will be thier decision.  The other 3
RBOC's participated in the development of issue 3, so they should be OK with
it.  However it will be tough for manufacturers to get things tested to the old
version if it is out of publication.  In which case Verizon may
need to write thier own version of GR-1089 so that it is available to the
public or accept the new issue 3.

These are my opinions and not necessarily those of my employer.

Jim

Jim Wiese
NEBS Project Manager/Senior Compliance Engineer
ADTRAN, INC.
901 Explorer Blvd.
P.O. Box 140000
Huntsville, AL 35814-4000