Hi everyone and thanks for all of the info thus far.

Here is some more info on the filter: The input to the filter derives it's power from batteries at a C.O. The output is meant to power telecom equipment. The input and output are considered TNV-2. Now even though the filter input is considered a secondary circuit, has anyone also considered that there will be a battery charger in that circuit charging the batteries? The battery charger  is mains connected and is required to have reinforced insulation from the mains input to the output. Therefore I believe if everyone agrees the DC filter does require supplemental insulation to earth, the battery charger should also meet this requirement.

I have read clause 6 over and over, and in my opinion supplemental insulation is required (for Norway and Sweden) from this TNV-2 circuit to earth regardless of the filter being connected to the mains or not. It's just funny how these clauses are worded because they mainly seem to refer to mains connected products (permanently connected, pluggable type B, etc.).

Ed

------------------------------------------- This message is from the IEEE EMC Society Product Safety Technical Committee emc-pstc discussion list. Visit our web site at: http://www.ewh.ieee.org/soc/emcs/pstc/ To cancel your subscription, send mail to: majord...@ieee.org with the single line: unsubscribe emc-pstc For help, send mail to the list administrators: Michael Garretson: pstc_ad...@garretson.org Dave Heald davehe...@mediaone.net For policy questions, send mail to: Richard Nute: ri...@ieee.org Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at: No longer online until our new server is brought online and the old messages are imported into the new server.