Richard,

given that this Directive was over 5 years in the making, was the subject
of numerous reviews, complaints, refinements, etc., etc. I would very
carefully
consider whether I would embark on that venture.

Unless you have discovered a material error that nobody else has found, you

better bring lots of patience, full dedication and enough money to sustain
you.

You will first have to convince the staff of DGIII that you have a cause,
good
enough, to make them want to open this can of worms once again.  They in
turn would have to convince their masters that moneys should be set aside
to go through a full cycle (5 years?) of deliberations and negotiations
with all
parties concerned.  Obviously, that would have to be a political decision
and
would require that your change in the eyes of the EC moneybags, is the best
way to spend scarce Euros.

Perhaps it will be cheaper to live with the Directive as is.

Ciao,

Vic Boersma