this really got me thinking ?wat does Christmas really mean is it jus a
public holiday , where i get to share w family and friends ,get presents ,
Christmas mmmmm is really abt celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ ,because
he was born i can safely shout IM FREE,NOT BOUND BY MY PAST its really
spiritual u know , its a pity the world has commercialised Christmas and we
tend to miss the real message behind it all
<http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/>
2008/12/15
<http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/EmailPosting.htm?Article=%7BAAC716E5-842D-46F4-9173-9709B5DEFF7D%7D>
Christmas: Saved from Our Sin
by Rick Warren
She will bring a son to birth, and when she does, you, Joseph, will name him
Jesus — "God saves" — because he will save his people from their sins.
Matthew 1:21 (MSG)
**** *** *** ***
The term *sin* is tossed around so often that, for many people, it's lost
any significant meaning. They think of sin as a list of things they
shouldn't do. And, since everybody has their own list of sins, what may seem
bad to me might not be such a bad behavior for you.
The problem with thinking of sin in this way is that I will look at my list
and think, "If I just don't do these things, then I'm not a sinful person."
And, you'll look at your list, and think the same thing. And, we'll both
look at each other's list and think, "His list is all wrong! A really good
person would follow my list, not his!"
Get this: Sin is an attitude. It's not something you do. It's an attitude.
What's the middle letter of sin? "I"
What's the middle letter of pride? "I"
*Sin is an "I" problem.* Sin is saying, "I want to be my own boss. I don't
need God. I'm doing just fine, thank you very much." Sin is saying, "God, I
know what will make me happy more than you do. So I'm going to do what I
want to do with my life, not what you put me on earth to do." That's sin.
The Bible says every one of us has had that attitude at some time or
another. That attitude has caused us to be separated from God. That's why,
when you pray, you feel like your prayers bounce off the ceiling – because
they do. There's a separation between you and God. That's why God sent Jesus
as the Savior.
Every one of your problems is caused by sin – the separation from God. Sin
causes confusion in your life. It causes guilt. It causes shame. It causes
regret, bitterness, resentment, grudges, worry, fear, anxiety, depression,
discouragement, emptiness, despair, and conflict between you and other
people. Every one of your problems is the result of you not being connected
to God. You are separated from God by your own sin.
The Bible says that Jesus came to save you from* *your sin, your "I'm going
to do my own thing" past. No matter what you've done, Jesus can give you a
clean slate. His ability to save you *from* your past is more powerful than
anything you ever did *in* your past.
The name *Jesus* means "to save people from their sin." He came to set you
free from your sin.
*Jesus wants to set you free from the burden of guilt.* Did you know God
doesn't want you to carry guilt around? That's why Jesus came – to pay for
all your guilt so you can be forgiven.
*Jesus wants to set you free from the pain of bitterness.* When you hate
other people, when you hold resentment of others in your heart, it's like a
cancer. It's going to eat you alive.
*Jesus wants to set you free from the expectations of other people*, from
your worry of, "What would other people think?"
*Jesus wants to set you free from the fear of death*, from the burden of
worry, from anxiety and stress. God says, "I want to set you free from all
that."
(c) 2008 Purpose Driven Life. All rights reserved.
________________________________________
________________________________________
--
'Unless you change what you do, you will always have what you've got.'
- Jim Rohn
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---