You need to use syslinux to install it on the image.
Latest syslinux can be had at
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/syslinux-1.48.tar.gz

there's a zip file there too.

Lemme know if you get it working cuz I've been meaning to build one
too. Just been procrastinatin....

cheers,
--dr

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry to ask such a "simple" question, but I am really stuck.
> I want to compile my own kernel for trinux. I installed linux 2.0.36
> with libc5 - which shouldn t be necessary for compiling a zImage.
> But it didn t work.
> Do I need to set a special flag in the zimage to work with syslinux or
> at syslinux ?
>
> Note: I wanted to just replace the zimage file on an existing disk.
>

> Reason for all this is to put ISO9660 and CDRom support into the kernel,
> hence I have a bootable Linux CDRom - on which I have more space to put
> packages.
>
>                        Thanks for the help
>                              Yours Joerg (..answere pointing to self study
>                                               material more welcome ...)

> www.trinux.org hosted by The Vnode Connector Services
> www.vnode.com *** Special Discounts For Trinux Users
> *** Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
dursec.com / kyx.net - we're from the future                      http://www.dursec.com
learn kanga-foo from security experts: CanSecWest - April 19-21 Vancouver

Speakers: Ron Gula/NSW, Ken Williams/E&Y, Marty Roesch/Hiverworld, Fyodor/insecure.org,
          RainForestPuppy/wiretrip.net, Theo de Raadt/OpenBSD, Max Vision/whitehats.com