I was curious.  Mozilla Firefox is not considered free software
because it has some proprietary things concerning logos, correct?

Yes, it is the trademark policy that is problematic:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2011-08/msg00014.html
https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html

Mozilla previously had non-free copyright licensing on their logos, but
that was fixed a few years ago.

I would assume this was true also for Mozilla Seamonkey?  I am asking
because frankly I despise Firefox-type browsers.  I like Seamonkey
and all it has to offer, built-in e-mail for one.

Yes, I believe so:
https://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/list.html

Are there any truly free alternatives to Seamonkey (if it isn't free
 itself)

There is Iceape on Debian, but it still /recommends/ proprietary
software through the extension manager. For Trisquel, there aren't any
at the moment.

Also, why does Firefox come up in the Synaptic Repository if it is
not free?

It is a package which installed "Abrowser", the patched unbranded copy
of Firefox with some other modifications. For example, it doesn't
recommend proprietary software.

Andrew.