Well, I suppose you and a few others would love to see me out of here, but as I have said before, that is not happening... so back off! -.^

As for the thread itself, guess what, he asked IN THE RIGHT FORUM, because Trisquel was the reason that his boot process broke! Now, we know that M$ has no interest in dual booting, but from a user point of view, "windows is working, I install trisquel, windows works no more, trisquel did someting wrong". Right?? So, he asked here. Yes many people tried to help, I am not saying the entire group was wrong with the newcomer. I am saying that the mindset "it's your problem because it's proprietary software" and "we shouldn't help you running windows only run trisquel" is wrong when pointed towards a newcomer! And let's be honest, jxself's comment was not a "funny one liner". It was him (again) thinking only about "run free software" instead of thinking of the people behind the software! There are people here (he included) that will say "you computer is not working properly? but is it running free software? GREAT, YOU HAVE FREEDOM REJOICE". Don't you see that acting like that is being (for the lack of a better word) a douche? Especially for newcomers. People who I wish will use free software and turn away because they feel they are only important here when they say "I run only FSF approved software". When they say "I am running trisquel but I will get fired if I don't get this work done by tomorrow and need a piece of proprietary software to run, can you guys help me out please??" they are flamed and take the "quit your job, work at a factory, be free" speech.

as I have said, I am not angry he turned away from Trisquel only, I am angry he turned away from free software at all! Read his post man, he was a 71 year old man, who was trying to use free software for the first time, aked for help, felt mistreated by us (the community) and decided not to use free software again! How can you say that is not something we should STOP AND THINK ABOUT? Don't you see that this time we SCREWED UP BIG TIME?? Even me, for not helping him (I only saw the thread after he quit unfortunately). So yeah, I am a part of this community and I also feel I was on the wrong with this person. Do you think the people who actually had a laugh at him were not worse? WE CAUSED a person to TURN AWAY from free software. Do you have any idea of the implications? What this thread did was the clear OPPOSITE os the FSF goal (bring people to free software). If that is not something for us to think about, I don't know what is....

And don't waste time replying to me, I won't reply to you, it's all here "he who has hears, let him hear".