In "please, I need to encrypt this file or i will die" situations
encryption itself won't do much, in those situations one would need to
use steganography or some form of plausible deniability.

The only feature that could be tempting in Truecrypt is the hidden
volume option; when I tested that in the past on a big HDD with lots of
files it failed miserably, thats not to say that is never working but I
completely lost my confidence of the product. This combined with the
licensing issues, I wouldn't recommend it for any user case.

--
I use: trisquel.info | ceata.org | fsf.org | riseup.net | duckduckgo.com |
eff.org | h-node.com | torproject.org | airvpn.org | flattr.com | skepdic.com |