> I can't tell if you're saying "we shouldn't do this" or "we don't need to worry about getting sued", so I'll answer both.

Actually I was writing about how you should not do that out of decency. I couldn't care less if you get sued or not. It might sound cold, but apart from people who do get a share of whatever you are trying to achieve, nobody would care less or more than me.

> If you're saying I shouldn't risk violating their copyrights by doing this, you should head over to pretty much every reverse engineering project in existence and let them know that they need to stop. I checked the instruction manual for my Nexus S, and there's a note saying I may not reverse engineer the proprietary components of it. That is completely unenforceable; it's my device and they have no authority over me.

I never wrote something about a copy right. I just pointed out somebody is willing you do NOT do that. And that somebody seems to be the author.

The rest is just junk argument.

> If you get a copy of something, it's your copy, and *you should have the freedom to do whatever you want with it*. It's the natural extension of the rights we have with physical goods; copyright is an unfair artificial monopoly.

That's plain stupid. I marked the section. The following just justifies you own petty actions.