"Maybe crowdfunding would be a good idea?"

It is, but we also need things like a huge raft of small free software businesses using all the different business models in April's document on them. Amongst my friends in proprietary stuff students being 'Linux(sic) until graduation' is a joke. In the UK for most young people it's internships at best, but usually unemployment or government training courses until age 25 or so which is when employers think you're fit to be a sariman. Well with a laptop or PC with Trisquel installed you've got all you need to start a whole range of IT small businesses from your bedroom. And if you make enough take out a Corporate Associated Membership with Trisquel.

And this isn't 'Oh the youth of today.' I'm disabled, I've spent the last 13 years being very busy 'not dying.' Science has improved so I'm recovering well now, from where I am a one person free software business looks like what I'll be doing in two or three years time because almost nobody actually employs disabled people. I want more than a few months crap part time here and there as soon as I can.