My first (and perhaps uneducated) impression of TAILS is that its target audience is people who are not particularly tech savvy who will also be using it on other people's computers which may not be freedom friendly.

Are there any actual advantages to using this distro instead of Trisquel (or gNewSense, but I personally prefer Trisquel) running live off of one USB stick and tor on another?

If so, how practical would it be to respin Trisquel to have the same privacy features and just bring a freedom-friendly device, such as a cheap chromebook or a laptop or netbook with the HDD removed, to public hotspots?

I doubt if I am the only one here who is considering the possibility of using such a device to access the internet and taking my nice Trisquel box with all my games and software offline except for updates.