I don't recall seeing game consoles addressed directly in the GNU project or FSF page, however, game consoles and “smart phones” are computers, so the same thing applies for them than to desktop and laptop computers. Furthermore, cell phones are the center of some user communications, so the problems with proprietary software are exacerbated (The developers and service providers can use the truckloads of data they collect about you against you). Maybe we should start using the term “pocket computer with phone” to describe “smart phones”, since that paves part of the way to make people aware of how much control they're giving to whatever controls those devices, which is not the “user” (More of an “used”).

The situation with game consoles is the same. If they run only manufacturer-authorized software, with a legal threat against reverse engineering and circumventing the manufacturer restrictions then they're clearly computers disloyal to the customer <https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/loyal-computers.html>. I wouldn't use a product whose purpose is to fool me into thinking that I'm being given something while it actually serves only its manufacturer, let alone PAY for that.

It's sad to see that disloyal computers are becoming more and more prevalent, and it's much worser than people don't care about, and sometimes even sympathize emotionally with the ones that bring them these anti-services.

>Can we be in harmony with a fully free computer (running only free softwares, even free games) having a proprietary game console ?

I don't think so. There isn't much difference between running proprietary software in your main computer than in a computer dedicated for gaming, regarding your (lack of) rights as computer user. There are practical differences, but discussing what's the best way to run proprietary software doesn't belongs to this forum.

It's good that you're aware of the problem and are trying to do something against it. I of course, suggest to avoid proprietary games altogether. If despite the reasons you know, the ones we're explaining, the ones you can find in the GNU essays, and the free alternatives to proprietary games that you can find (For instance, see <https://libregamewiki.org/>) or develop/help to develop yourself you're going to play proprietary games anyway, I suggest that you do so in a way that gives the least money to the developers of it, so as to minimize their power, since they have demonstrated they use it to serve themselves before serving their clients.