good article. I would add a point which seems to me more important yet. I will use an example.

-Take a child and place it in a room in which there are no adults to survey him - that child is free in the true sense of the word: he can and will do everything that pleases him joyfully and spontaneously. The child in a free environment will have therefore the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE how to behave and what to do.

-The same child in the same environment in the presence of a controller (an adult with authority) will lose both the joy and the spontaneity and what is more important (in a negative sense), the child will have no independent freedom, that is to say, the child CANNOT CHOOSE how to behave and what to do.

It is this ability to choose how to behave and what to do that makes us really human. When a human being is surveiled he is no longer human for he ceases to express himself freely and becomes a fearful and constructed shadow of a man, a scared and artificial child that is no more human then a poor pavlov's dog.