On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 01:44:33PM +0100, vladimir.doro...@openmailbox.org
wrote:
> I've been interested in website making since I was about thirteen
> years old, but after a little practice my interests changed, and I
> started all over again one month ago - after more than five years.
> Now I'm working on the interactive internet-shop, where people could
> buy some ecologically safe homemade stuff, and I want to make it
> really convenient. That's why I've bought a book about HTML5, CSS3,
> JavaScript, PHP and CMS. Unfortunately, despite of the fact that the
> material in this book is well-described, there's nothing about using
> these web-languages for making free websites - and I mean freedom,
> not cost. Even examples used in this book have been made for
> Microsoft Windows operation systems!
>
> Because of this, I want to ask: which internet-technologies and
> languages (or their versions) can I use freely without any licences
> and agreements? Which of them have "unexpected proprientary
> surprises"? I also know that there's something unclear in HTML5
> because of the DRM support - can you explain it too (I've already
> read the FSF article)?
>
> If you have some stories about your experience in this area, please,
> share them: it will be so interesting to read!

PHP is Free, Ruby and RoR are Free, Python is Free, and Perl is Free,
all of these languages can be used in creating webpages.
I confess, I'm confused about JS and JQuery licensing, but I think
they're free. None the less, there's this:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html
which I should probably read carefully myself.

I've built sites with html, css, php, mysql or mariadb, tcl (yes,
you can make webpages with tcl, but you have to run them on a tcl
server or aolserver, so not very common any more), and javascript and
jquery.

My favorite is php.

Now, you ask "which can I use freely without any licenses and
agreements?"
You can use all of the above mentioned languages without signing any
TOS, or signing away any of your rights.
As far as YOUR code, for me, I license all my webdev code under AGPL (Gnu
Affero), i
and I think RMS would advise you to do so, just like licensing desktop
application
code under GPL. This copyrights your code in your name, while protecting
user rights. We call it "copyleft", really.

I'm not even sure if that answers your questions, but I hope it helps.

Taz