I know what a server is ;)
I assumed that you have to install those apps on a running _webserver_ and that's what i didn't want to do if i can avoid it.
And yeah, i was mainly thinking about speed and connectivity..
i just checked my upload and it's about 800 kbit/sec,
so the resulting video quality would equal a one minute video at the size of 6 meg; at that point i concluded that i can forget about this approach, but then i realized that something has to be wrong here. I mean, the video i record _has_ to get uploaded anyway and since i already did a video chat, it somehow has to work.

So actually when it comes to band with, it's no different from using an xmpp server: my video data has to get uploaded and i have to download the incoming stream. Only difference is that i'm sending directly to my conversation partner and not to some server.

But i'm sitting behind a router so i don't know if it will work out.. maybe i give it a try.