No installing with ppa works. So all tutorials are useluss, it says it says, it fails to say that the tutorials are now obsolete that is all. As to compile it from source to daunting fo a noob like me, but managed to find it via synaptic in the end, as mentioned above.

Thank you for all your answers.

hm.. I still have this problems with the tarball files.. autoconf or ./configure just do not work :( It's really a hastle having a hard time installing kde themes as a result. KDE which isn't very practical for now. I was seduced by it's design but all the restraints are already bugging me. Do you guys know of a super gnome desktop with cool widgets ? I tend to get quite fussy when it comes to aesthetics, however it has to be functional before anything else. I am experimenting all that with virtual machine for now, so I can revert back to gnome anytime. Not knowing what I am really doing, I think it's safer.