One is how quickly programs were tightly integrated into systemd, according to some developers the integration was required.

What are those "programs" you are talking about? Maybe GNOME Session that now uses logind rather than ConsoleKit? Well, ConsoleKit is not maintained anymore. That is even written in bold face on their Web page: http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ConsoleKit/

Why even do that, most likely because RedHat is going to force a fork in the road for GNU/Linux, those that use SELinux and those that do not.

You are aware that SELinux was merged into Linux (where RedHat certainly has some influence but is not "dominant") some 12 years ago and that, until now, we have GNU/Linux distributions such as Debian and its derivatives that do not use it by default? How is that "forking GNU/Linux" (whatever that means)?

RedHat has a much larger influence on the larger community than alot of people are comfortable with or willing to admit.

RedHat contributes a lot to free software projects upstream (the Linux kernel, GNOME, OpenJDK, LibreOffice, etc.). And many distributions adopt their work what gives RedHat much influence. I am "willing to admit it". But, again, I see no evidence that Red Hat is "forcing" anything. I would not even say that RedHat is dominating any of the projects I listed above.

That is to be compared with Canonical Ltd. The company behind Ubuntu only contributes to its own projects (Upstart, Unity, Mir, Bazaar, etc.) that, apparently, nobody wants (Upstart was abandoned, Bazaar is dying, only Ubuntu uses Unity by default, Mir is repetitively postponed and nobody but Canonical pushes it because Wayland is better, etc.). Not to mention that, contrary to RedHat, Canonical imposes CLAs (it can relicense your contribution under a proprietary license). And Canonical has a past of not releasing all the code its employees write (it took more than four years for Canonical to release Launchpad under a free software license).