I agree. Seeing that paragraph in the original version of the article had me
somewhat confused as to how that qualified as SaaSS, and got me asking this
question here. I held, and still hold, the opinion that multiplayer gaming is
not SaaSS.

> It's impossible to play a multiplayer game with someone else using only
> software on your computer.

Consider: a chess program which does not follow the client-server model, but
simply updates its own internal state of play according to the information sent
to it over the network. It would thus be hypothetically possible to conduct a
game of chess over two networked computers using only local software, and
having the programs communicate directly, updating each other's stored state of
play and sending each other relevant information (such as moves, etc.) in turn.
It is possible to have a multiplayer experience without the client-server
model. I believe that this is in fact the manner in which some early two-player
games functioned- much like playing chess by post.