Hello my first experience on linux/gnu distro, needing some help :=)

First, cant manage to format to create/format the main partition (working on a 20GB partiotion that i created on windows, 1TB is the hard disk)

"not authorized to perform operation (udisk-error-quark,4)"

asked me for a password protection but i entered all the options I had an none worked, I was using Windows 8 my notebook is a Lenovo G50.(now dont ask for the password an only shows the previous message.

Also the touchpad doesnt work the 2 fingers option for scrolliing, and the keyboard sometimes stops working and I have to press F8 (and it comes again)(probably other function key may also work)

Apreciate your help.

Thanks.