I wouldn't say a bigger problem (since it's it less used than Windows), but a problem nonetheless:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/malware-apple.html

Also the users are snooty because it's the main marketing claim. Many buy it just for that. Some do so more for professional reasons though (graphic design, since you have a nice set of fonts by default. Plus everything is carefully designed, the proportions, everything. It's a better design environment). But for most people, it's like having the latest cool shoes in high school. A status mark. We always want what the neighbor has, it's human nature I suppose. It's not so surprising how many unix porn (I mean desktop design) is made to mimic a mac desktop.

Nowadays I see it like a golden cage. Low status as f*ck.