Oh yeah, Parabola, I forgot about it!
That would be a good learning project, on a virtual machine for example.

I installed alsa-base and alsa-base-utils,
and it didn't work.

I tried then trisquel-base.
It suggested posfix configuration during the install.
I don't want it so I close the window.
Seems like something got broken during the install (an alert message I fail to remember).

I tried the sound without success. Can't remember if I restarted the computer though.

So I removed the package with the same postfix thing.
Back to square one. I'll try configuring postfix, reboot and see how it goes.
I can always remove the package afterwards.