I searxed more about mute key and X200.
I tried several variants of the grub modification above.
But I have no luck, it doesn't work for me.

What I don't understand though is that "keycode 121 = XF86AudioMute NoSymbol XF86AudioMute" It means that the mute command is assigned to the key associated with keycode 121?
if I remove it from xmodmap, will it be recognized by xev?

Anyway, it seems it's more directly related to the X200.
I've read a solution about kernel update, but I shouldn't need that since the mute button worked in a full trisquel install.