I always have huge doubts regarding the quality/extensiveness of the effects of "100% free" settings on non-free distros: What guarantee me that they go as far as Trisquel and parabola with packages content?

I guess that they use the ebuild LICENSE, but will using the "deblob" USE flag change iceweasel in iceweasel-libre, blacklist non-free dependencies and ajust the other USE flags accordingly, and prevent the suggestion of non-free programs, including in the manuals? both require patching the programs.

I personally fear two things:
-> Be mislead and install non-free software without knowing that it's non-free, that's why I need the suggestion issue fixed on all the repos I use. I don't know all software well so I very strongly prefer to trust the distro to do it correctly instead. Suggestion is so vague that it could also be in form of a package manager (firefox, iceweasel) or as a dialog "would you want to download " with some cryptic language.
-> That part of a package is non-free.

That said Gentoo seem very interesting. I am very attracted by the possibilities of customization, but I probably don't have the computing power to use it, and I'm waiting for a free version to give a try again.

The downside is that, "verifiable builds" wound probably not come any time soon due to the huge number of possible combinations when building gentoo.

Denis.