You lead by example or noone will take you seriously. They also can't take a project seriously that its own users don't even take seriously.

One of the problems is they are not doing it in private, If people choose to use non free software thats fine. But talking about how it is better is the same as recommending it. I'm not psychic and i'm not taking lucky guesses about supertramps debian use or calinous video drivers. They talk about it in public and are obvious about it. Calinou doesn't even recommend debian anymore, now he recommends fedora...lol I can't go in the trisquel chatroom anymore, cause I got tired of certain users, who don't even use trisquel, constantly putting it down. And when I debate people on the reasons they think other distros or certain non free software is better, or why certain security mechanisms or certain software choices should not be changed, i'm the one who is considered being rude and offtopic.

And when i see certain users putting other users down, or refusing them proper support and saying "they should be punished" for using non free software, when they themselves use non free software I consider that not only hypocritical, but harmful to new users and trisquel's popularity and I cannot stay silent about it.

And when people publicly say they use debian instead of trisquel, because debian is "more popular" it is even more apalling to me, becaues I don't consider that a valid reason especially if we want trisquel to be more popular. I like to promote security along with 4 freedoms, usability and accessibility, and trisquel is my fav linux distro because it easily has all four of those things and I try to mention it to people everywhere that this is my main o/s.