I would think that the easiest way to use Ubuntu's repositories is to use Ubuntu. Besides the likely breakage that's going to occur from trying to add these repositories to Trisquel, you're going to end up pulling all of your software from the Ubuntu repositories, anyway. What would you be achieving?

> want repositories that always have the very latest of each of the creative software I use

None of Ubuntu's repositories do this. All Ubuntu releases are stable; for the most part, only security updates pushed once a release is made. So unless a vulnerability in the GIMP is found, it will be the same version for the entirety of the release's life span.

A distro that actually keeps the latest versions of programs in the repository is called "rolling-release". This setup is highly prone to breakage, and so should only be used if you know what you're doing. Parabola is the example of such a distro which is 100% libre software. Debian Sid (unstable) is also rolling-release.