One thing to note is that this supposed improvement "from users point of view" requires one to be competent enough to use the command line interface, something which many users (foolishly) seem to find scary, difficult and off-putting. One could argue that if energy was spent working towards this goal, it could have been instead used in improving the immediately discoverable and more familiar but ultimately weaker and slower graphical user interface.

I think of myself as a "power user". (I write relatively simple scripts and generally poke around but cannot program.) As such I would benefit from more command line opportunities. My mom who also uses Trisquel certainly wouldn't.