Also, I'd forgotten about replacing a hd in a laptop. Even though I did it to a thinkpad back in 2004 along with changing the RAM. Aside from the internal changes, I remember I added an external sound card and a bunch of other stuff. In the end I would have been better off buying a new laptop! Although the thinkpad did work great for at least 5 more years. It was still working well, but it got to the point where the processor was so old it fell below the minimum requirements of most new software.