It's really not that difficult to do once you get your head around it. I was able to show my younger brother (who is in grade school) how to make basic levels. The level editing guide might seem a little intimidating because it's very thorough.

But these are the rough basics:

- Use tilesets (like "snow") purely for visuals.
- Objects are found on special "tilesets", like the "creatures" tileset. Just place them wherever you want them to go in one of the various object layers other than "solid". - Draw rectangles in the "solid" layer to make solid collisions (floors, walls, and ceilings), after you have placed the tiles that are supposed to represent these things.

That knowledge alone is enough to get a basic level done, without things like unisolid tiles, slopes, moving platforms, and warps. But I don't want people to be so limited in what they do, so the level editor guide goes into more detail than that. :)