I see what you mean. But I don't see how hate speech has even a remote chance to be correct, anywhere, at any time.

Let me rephrase that: I don't see how "attacks on a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation" can potentially be the correct way to go, in any context.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

I'm still thinking about this by the way. But right now I don't see how hate speech deserves a free pass. Specially when seeing the amount of it on the web.