That is an excellent point!  In fact, it is the best point.

Even in this case, however, there is often work that can be done to try and solve the problem before the new release. In fact, this is one way we can help the development of Trisquel 8. It may be the only way to solve the problem in question. After all, you can get the new release and still have the problem. If Trisquel 8 could solve every possible problem, we will never need a Trisquel 9. Since it obviously can't solve every possible problem, how do you know if your problem will be one of the solved problems?

Can you give links to the thread(s) you posted about this PDF problem?

Granted, there are cases where either:
1.) Every possible thing has been tried
OR
2.) It is known that a certain new package, or version of a package, will resolve a particular problem and nothing else will help [this is the strongest case for a quick release of Trisquel 8].

However, I'm not convinced that these cases are common enough to account for of this 'new release mania'.

Rather than passively waiting and praying that the new release will solve the problems for us, let's be proactive and help the project by taking a fresh look at some of these problems and try and fix them ourselves if at all possible.