Some people have mentioned security updates, or rather seemingly lack of them. As far as I can tell you synchronise the packages with Ubuntu according to templates you have created which gets rid of the nonfree packages. However, it isn't clear how often this is done. Another concern is that Ubuntu does not provide security updates to "universe" repositories, just "main", which is made up of some 7000 or so packages. Trisquel does not separate the repositories in the same manner as Ubuntu (from what appears in the /etc/apt/sources.list file), although in Synaptic Package Manager "universe" repositories appear. This is strange and confusing even for someone familiar with how Debian apt repositories work. So I cannot tell how up-to-date my Trisquel installation is. I do not use Trisquel now unfortunately although it was for other reasons before this. But I feel sad for the project as I like these forums. I hope the project does not go the way of BLAG or gNewSense.