I think a fundamental difference also has to be drawn in terms of types of media. A book, even with the full force of reserved rights weighing down upon it, cannot hurt you- there might be lawsuit if you choose to publish it on your website, but the book itself cannot instigate that. By contrast, the game itself can perform unethical acts- spyware, backdoors, and generally unfixed-yet-known security issues are all very real problems (the first two, at least, have been documented in games).

Of course, I don't wish to excuse non-free artworks. I would depart from Stallman in claiming that copyright needn't be abolished, since it has its own share of problems (though these are probably tolerable with a reformed copyright system). However, non-free games are far bigger a threat than even non-redistributable cat videos.