Magic, Add 'apt-get autoremove'. OK, I did do that yesterday also. Tried again just now and says nothing left to do. Thanks.

Leaving wifi open? Eeks. I guess I'm paranoid. Mine isn't broadcasting and doesn't offer up IP addresses as additional measures to being encrypted. I'm not confident I can keep all the hosts inside my network secure if I let any old stranger on. There are web attacks using javascript that attack the home wifi router and if I leave it open then a user might inadvertently bring my router under attack. I think all my neighbors have their own anyway.