We should indeed not trust Microsoft to have the user's best interests in mind, but the message they've given is a good and valid one. The key here is to make sure we don't settle for anything less than we expect, and certainly no less than the now (weakly) reformed company has suggested we do. That, of course, means we must not let them make only the easiest contributions to freedom (or source exposure, as is often the case) in exchange for hypocritically maintaining the most profitable immorality. A few pawns make nice ornaments, but freedom rests on the game.