Someone stole my cellphone (Samsung Galaxy S2) one month ago, I bought
it specially for using Replicant, but the person stole it before I could
even attempt to install it after the warranty period (which ended two
months ago).

Since then, I'm no longer a cellphone user, again, and although I don't
have a landline phone at home, I have a telephone booth card from 2
years ago, I paid 20.00 BRL for it, and it has 40 credits, which allows
me to talk for a total of 80min considering only local landline phone
calls. The card is also valid for use in the entire country.

I recently tested the card, and it's still valid. This is also quite
different from cellphone credits, which you have charging once per two
months in order for the existing credits to stay unfrozen/unlocked ---
otherwise, although they don't vanish, you won't be able to use them
once they are frozen/locked.

Although I did register a report to the police precinct, part of me is
hoping for the cellphone to be found --- because I bought it specially
for installing Replicant later on, and since I don't have a job yet
(because every job here in Brazil seems to require prior registered
experience or driver's license, the later which my doctor said I cannot
have/make) ---, but the other part no longer wants a cellphone for daily
use.

Currently, I don't have landline phone because my mother insists that
cellphones are enough --- currently we only have her cellphone ---
although I frequently tell her the advantages of landline phones,
specially because our Internet plan currently also includes landline
phone usage.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com