I like systemd though :) there are many reasons.

1.- I like that GNU/Linux world is becoming more standardized. When I started using it 2 years ago, there where a lot of init systems. Lots of default desktops. Lots of way to distribute software. Now suddenly everything is becoming systemd/GNOME/Wayland/Flatpak

This is so good. The power of the community is going towards making a few things great. Instead of a lot of "good-enough"

And I don't use GNOME. I use i3.

The other options will swill exist but the defaults are gonna be really good for the majority. Specially the new ones :)

2.- systemd has lots of great options and tools. It is not a init. It is more than that. It might not follow Unix philosophy. But Unix philosophy isn't a law. And it has some flaws.

3.- It is so much faster than when I started with Ubuntu. My parabola boot time is awesome.