I have not owned a mobile phone for two years but I encountered the following “inconvinience”:

During my holiday my daughter and I were cycling in the Alps in Italy and during a descent she fell. Result: Severe bleeding from the abdomen and 6 teeth missing.... I sure was glad someone with such a “tracking device” came by to call ambulance.

I also could not send an email to my wife because of the recent server downtime of openmailbox

Dont get me wrong: I love freesoftware. I only use libreboot computers with parabola, I use openmailbox, I do not own a mobile phone, but this was a little too “inconvinient” or would you say this is a case of “liberty or death”?