Magic Banana and SuperTramp83 I thank you both.
I am looking forward to the arrival of my GNU-Trisquel-Laptop, meanwhile, I am watching youtube tutorials and reading documentation.
I will do my best to be skilled at the command line.
This old man is not too old to learn.

I am concerned that I do not have a strategy for customizing my laptop to meet my needs, I lack the experience and data. I have noted on some tutorials the command line becomes too long with the path names; so I must have short user and directory names to not confuse myself (too easy to confuse me at the terminal).
I've considered something like this would help me:
1. Name the master ROOT dir ? "GNU" or "TRISQ"
2. Mame myself as Administrator ? "Sysop" (sudo super-user privileges)
3. Name my user dir ? "Ron" or "RonMa"
4. Larger fonts to read text with my poor eyesight.

Then there is the concern to practice the FSF guidelines to maintain and nurture the freedom platform that will be my machine and my goal.
Thus, I am asking:
How to insure the update will not install a non-fsf version?

The repository may have FSF approved software, but what about when upgrading applications from the command line?

Indeed I will play with at the terminal.