I find this attitude weird. Sure, it would be naive to think using an email host who use libre software magically makes your email more secure (it doesn't for all the reasons discussed in the threads about OMB), but if early adopters and software freedom champions don't support services like OMB (or use GNU Social instead of the birdsite) in their experimental stages, how will reliable, sustainable, privacy-respecting hosts ever come into existence? Despite my criticisms of OMB on the more recent thread, I'd much rather support the network effect of a provider that uses 100% free software (as confirmed by their FSF endorsement) than one which refuses to disclose what software they use or what license covers it, or to share all the code they write for their service.