I'm almost done going through the non-debian-main packages that are installed by default. As expected,

chip-mali-modules-4.4.13-ntc-mlc
chip-mali-userspace
rtl8723bs-bt
rtl8723bs-bt-mp-driver-common
rtl8723bs-bt-mp-driver-modules-4.4.13-ntc-mlc
rtl8723bs-mp-driver-modules-4.4.13-ntc-mlc

are definitely nonfree but their removal will not be a problem for me once I mange to build open-ath9k-htc-firmware.

I haven't found license info on

linux-image-4.4.13-ntc-mlc
chip-mconfigs
xserver-xorg-video-armsoc

I'm pretty certain that I don't need chip-mconfigs, so if I can't find the license I'll just uninstall it. I'm not clear on exactly what xserver-xorg-video-armsoc does so I don't know if it's important. I do need to know whether linux-image-4.4.13-ntc-mlc is free or needs to be replaced.