I agree partially. The image of transgression was the only thing that brought us progress on science, although I agree that what he done on Brazil was not a civic thing (he defaced a wall). Formerly scientists thought that out-of-box thinking was everything, and they wanted to stimulate more scientists to appear, every land was a land of farmers, so they had to appeal for transgression for science advancement. Today, we have a big problem: the cult of transgression became not well channelled, because of inequality of opportunities on life and belicist persons. You know, some old rock bands where actually cool, and I pretty like those prior to these days, because they only posed as bad persons, but on personal life they where truly concerned on morals and ethics. If this consolates you, I heard that he's at least making an effort to convert himself to christianism, where many stop before recycling its own attitudes.