I saw that there are new ISOs up here

http://jenkins.trisquel.info/makeiso/iso/

and decided to test the 64-bit one.

I was not able to get a working display manager or desktop environment from the text installer or graphical installer. The text installer couldn't complete the step where I select a DE. The graphical installer appeared to work, but upon rebooting I got a black screen with no display manager. I opened a terminal with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and was able to determine that MATE was installed.

I have submitted a bug report and reinstalled Trisquel 8 from the previous ISO from 6/19. However, if I can I would like to test the new ISO to verify that these issues

https://trisquel.info/en/issues/23511
https://trisquel.info/en/issues/23470

are indeed fixed (23470 did not appear to be, as once I had a terminal open I could not find the firmware package via 'apt-cache search') and see if any other issues have been resolved.

Has anyone successfully installed Trisquel 8 from the 12/24 ISO? If so, what did you have to do to get it working.