https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/blocked-passwords-fbi-can-t-unlock-over-half-devices-seized-n836091

I believe strongly that the law needs to be enforced (as long as those laws are just and reasonable). If the law enforcement agencies have a reasonable suspicion that a specific individual is involved in criminal activity, and they can obtain a court order permitting them to search their device(s), then I think it is right that individuals should be punished, if they don't comply with a court order. In exactly the same way as a court order to search someone's home or office.

But, it makes me happy that they are having a hard time arbitrarily breaking into electronic devices without their users' consent. If they want to access my private data, they should have reasonable suspicion that I am committing a crime and they should have to legally compel me to give my consent, via a court order, in order to access it.