Allright. So I was following the instructions here https://github.com/wireapp/wire-desktop#install .

And got this:

grevengull@GG-MB-P-9:~$ cd wire-desktop
grevengull@GG-MB-P-9:~/wire-desktop$ sudo npm install
[sudo] password for grevengull:

> husky@0.14.3 install /home/grevengull/wire-desktop/node_modules/husky
> node ./bin/install.js

sh: 1: node: not found
npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /7zip-bin/7zip-bin-win:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: 7zip-bin-win@2.1.1
npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /7zip-bin/7zip-bin-mac:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: 7zip-bin-mac@1.0.1
npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /sane/fsevents:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: fsevents@1.1.3
npm WARN optional Skipping failed optional dependency /chokidar/fsevents:
npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your operating system or architecture: fsevents@1.1.3
npm ERR! Linux 4.14.12-gnu
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! node v4.2.6
npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2
npm ERR! file sh
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn

npm ERR! husky@0.14.3 install: `node ./bin/install.js`
npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the husky@0.14.3 install script 'node ./bin/install.js'.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the husky package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node ./bin/install.js
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR!     npm bugs husky
npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls husky
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/grevengull/wire-desktop/npm-debug.log
grevengull@GG-MB-P-9:~/wire-desktop$

I have double checked that I have the latest version of npm and node.js.

I did the:

npm bugs husky

and it got me to this forum: https://github.com/typicode/husky/issues

A little bit down there is a post (number 12 at the time of writing) that seems to be about something kind of related, though it doesn't seem to be any solution.

In the error message it says that I can create an issue, but it is necessary to include a file (/home/grevengull/wire-desktop/npm-debug.log).

Problem is: I am really nooby and I don't understand how to locate this file. I tried searching for it, without luck. And if I go to my home folder>grevengull>wire-desktop, there seems to be missing anything called "npm-debug".

I know I just said I would try to be more independent, but I feel like I have given it some energy, and my noobyness got me to this halt. And since this post already is created, I figured I might as well post my progress this far, in case someone in my position gets to this point also.