A friend of mine has a Windows 7 based notebook, which extended support (updates) end on January 14, 2020 as explained at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7.

As Windows 8 and Windows 10 are a privacy nightmare, my friend decided to move from Windows 7 to Trisquel 7 and asked me the safest way to install and use Trisquel 7 without the Windows operating system interference.

My friend asked me:
1.once I download Trisquel 7 on my notebook, should I copy all my files once again on the Trisquel 7Home => Documents
  folder? and
2.I currently use LibreOffice 5.4, which is compatible either for Windows 7 and for Trisquel 7; once I use Trisquel 7
  as only operating system, do I have to install LibreOffice 5.4 once again?