I would like to ask 2 questions about graphics cards:

1.- I'm running parabola with a Nvidia GT730 on my computer and yet when I run glxinfo I get "direct rendering: Yes", but how is this posible?, I mean, wasn't it necesary to have a binary blob to get 3D acceleration? If I got all my packages through parabola repos, then why should I have such binary blob installed?.

2.- Is there an alternative for having a functional graphics card without any binary blob being required?, If I have a AMD graphics card what functionality I get without using the binary blob? Do I get OpenCL and Vulkan support? Or should I stay with my Nvidia card? Which graphics card would you recomend (appart from integrated Intel cards)?