The question I asked myself is how will libreboot project deal with Meltdown and Spectre security issues. Mostly all libreboot users are using affected old core2 CPUs and regardless of whether libreboot is willing to implement microcode it is unlikely that Intel will ever release firmware updates for these old processors. So from my point of view there is now way to create a free and secure system anymore apart from the 2 supported atom boards which seem not to be affected but do not offer great performance and are not usable as mobile devices.

Are there any ideas or solutions to deal with this problems?