Hi Everyone

I have been using Trisquel since version 5. I have been very-very happy with the project. However I moved to Salix recently. The Slackware universe has not and will not adopt systemd. The FSF is not upset about systemd because it's free software. There might not be moral reasons to hate it but there are many technical ones.

Does anyone know if Trisquel 8 will have systemd?

The Salix folks are nice too but there are some things about Salix that are starting to worry me. They have flash in the repo and it's not marked notn-free. There is no warning for novice users and there really should be. The full XFCE install comes with flash already installed. It's the XFCE people doing this not the Salix people but they are including it without warning too.

I wish I could find a distro that had the attention to detail and polish that Trisquel has while also maintaining a very conservative approach. I want to stay as pure unix as possible, or as possible as this can be with Linux which is not pure unix either. However I also want to use a distro that I can send to customers without concerns about non-free software. The Trisquel developers are highly trustworthy and have done a really good job of protecting us.

I am torn. Please advise.

-Patrick